RCMP Crime Map - Viking
Public Facing Crime Mapping Project
Crime mapping is an innovative tool by which the Alberta RCMP is tackling the few offenders who commit the most crimes. This project allows the RCMP to continue increasing inter-agency communication and sharing criminal intelligence with its partners. It also encourages Albertans to participate in crime prevention strategies, such as reporting suspicious persons or activity, in an effort to be the extra set of eyes and ears for police in their communities. Initiatives such as this one go a long way in creating safe and resilient communities for all Albertans.
Information about the Map:
- Only certain crime types will be presented on the map:
- Theft from Motor Vehicle;
- Theft of Motor Vehicle;
- Break & Enter;
- Mischief; and
- Missing Persons.
- Emergency Situation Flag. Flags would only be used in emergency situations and for very short periods (School Lockdown, unfolding dangerous situation, Evacuation, Train Derailment etc.)
- Plotted addresses will not be exact but rather a nearby intersection or street.
- Entries are templated – only certain information can be entered (i.e. File Number and Date)
- The templates are in English and French.
- Entries will automatically be removed after 14 days.
To report a crime or emergency call 911, or the Viking RCMP non emergency phone number at 780-336-3441.
Viking RCMP Detachment
5215 - 52 Avenue,Viking, AB, T0B 4N0