Town of Viking is incorporated under the laws of the Municipal Government Act of Alberta. Under the Municipal Government Act, Viking town council may pass bylaws respecting the following matters:
- The safety, health and welfare of people and the protection of people and property.
- People, activities and things in, on or near a public place or place that is open to the public.
- Nuisances, including unsightly property.
- Transport and transportation systems.
- Businesses, business activities and persons engaged in business.
- Services provided by or on behalf of the municipality.
- Public utilities.
- Wild and domestic animals and activities in relation to them.
- The enforcement of bylaws.
- Bylaws are enforced by the local R.C.M.P. as well as Town of Viking Bylaw Enforcement officers.
Frequently requested bylaws
For information on by-laws that are not listed, please contact the Town Office 780-336-3466.