Beaver County Victim Services Association
VICTIMS DESERVE TO BE HEARD
Beaver County Victim Services staff and Advocates work under the guidance and direction of the RCMP Detachments of Tofield and Viking, providing support, information and referral services to victims of crime and tragedy. Our services are free and confidential.
Our staff and Volunteer Advocates provide immediate emotional and physical support during a crisis event in a respectful, empathetic, culturally sensitive and non-discriminatory manner. We are guided by a clear code of conduct and bound by a professional code of ethics.
We may talk to you on the telephone, visit you in your home or hospital, accompany you to court or meet you at the scene of an accident, trauma or crime. Our goal is to limit the impact of crime or tragedy through information, referral, support, assistance, community liaison and education.
- Information/support/agency referrals
- Support to victims of crime and trauma
- 24 hour crisis intervention
- Crime Prevention Awareness
- Information about the Criminal Justice System
- Liaison with Police and Crown Prosecutor
- Court support and accompaniment
- Sudden death support and assistance
- Victim and Community Impact Statements
- Crimes Restitution
- Victims of Crime Financial Benefits Program