Brettzky's Hockey Challenge
On August 5-8, 2021 the 6th Annual Brettzky's Hockey Challenge was held and the tournament was a great success. The tournament is held annually to raise funds in support of local youth sports and activities in our community.
The Committee is pleased to make available the Group/Organization and Individual Youth Sport Grant Application forms.
Please review the Guiding Principles & Procedures for Fund Requests to determine your Group/Organizations or Individual Youth Sports Grant Applications eligibility.
The Application Forms & Guiding Principles & Procedures for Fund Requests can be found at the bottom of this page.
Guiding Principles & Procedures for Fund Requests
The following Guiding Principles will be taken into consideration when Brettzky’s Hockey Challenge has been requested to donate funds:
- Organizations and groups will be primarily considered for donations, however individual youths may also be eligible on a limited basis.
- Organizations and individual youths must be in the greater Viking area.
- Priority for donations will be given to organizations involved in youth sports and activities and individual youths involved in sports.
- Organizations who contribute to the wellness of the community and the quality of life of residents of the Viking area will also be given consideration.
- Donated funds must be used for a specific project or need, not for general operating expenses.
- Organizations receiving funds must provide opportunities for recognition to the Brettzky’s Hockey Challenge.
- Organizations receiving funds must provide recognition to the Brettzky’s Hockey Challenge. This includes submission of a 15-30 second video clip of how you used your donation. Video clips will be used as promotion on our social media accounts and at the event.
- The person named as Contact on the application form will be required to come (or find a substitute) to the Volunteer Orientation Meeting in June 2020, provide the Brettzky's committee with a list of your volunteers and be the liaison the between the Brettzky's committee and your organization.
- Organizations who receive funds will be expected to volunteer at the event.
- If you receive funds and cannot use the funds for the intended purpose, please contact the Brettzky’s Hockey Challenge committee.
- Funds must be used in 2022.
- Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2021. The Brettzky's Committee will make decisions on donations by January 31, 2022.
Individual Youth Sports Grant Application:
- Purpose: To help individual youth to continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at high level competitions.
- Criteria: Youth Grade 12 and under from the greater Viking Area.
- Eligible expenses: Costs associated with competitions such as entry fees and travel costs.
- Grant is based on demonstration of eligible expenses and dependent on funding available.
- Application deadline: 60 days before funds required.
- Deadline to use the funds: December 31, 2022.
Group/Organization Donation Request Application
- Application deadline: December 31, 2021
- Deadline to use the funds: December 31, 2022
Submit your application form:
Please Note: All requests will be considered and organizations will be notified by January 31, 2022 on the status of their application.
Applications can be submitted to: email@example.com
For more information about the Annual Brettzky's Hockey Challenge, find them on Facebook at "Brettzky's Hockey Challenge" and Twitter at @Brettzkyhockey or Instagram at Brettzkyhockey or by clicking here.