Limited Restriction Changes - Province of Alberta
December 10, 2020
The Town office is open by appointment only. Please call 780-336-3466. Thank you.
NOTICE OF Apple FITNESS CENTRE CLOSURE at the Viking Carena Complex
Update from the Province of Alberta
December 8, 2020
Province wide restrictions were announced today, please click here to learn how this change affects you.
Friday, November 27, 2020
Currently there is no mask bylaw in the Town of Viking.
The Beaver County mask bylaw does not extend into the towns and villages within its boundaries.
Although there is no mask bylaw in effect, in Viking, we strongly encourage all citizens to wear a mask when they are outside their homes.
Businesses are free to set their own guidelines. If they require masks in store that’s their policy, if you don’t like it don’t go in.
The Carena Kitchen is now closed and all ice activities have ceased for the 3-week period ending December 13, 2020, unless the Province extends the time.
Don R. McLeod - RMA
Chief Administrative Officer
News from Town of VikingThursday November 26, 2020
We have received notice from the Province of Alberta, Beaver County, as well as all communities falling within the boundaries (Towns, Villages and Hamlets) have now been placed under an enhanced notification.
Please note many of the restrictions as they will apply to Viking, below:
- 10 active cases, for a case rate of 98.1 per 100,000 people.
For reference, the threshold for moving to Enhanced Status is an active case rate of 50 per 100,000 with at least 10 active cases.
Effective November 24, the following measures are in place across Alberta:
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor gatherings have a maximum attendance of 10
- Weddings and funeral services have a maximum attendance of 10, with no receptions permitted
- No festivals or events
- Grades 7-12 will be doing at-home learning between November 30, 2020 to January 11, 2021
- ECS-Grade 6 at-home learning after break until January 11, 2021
- Working from home should be considered, where possible
Areas under Enhanced Status will now have additional measures in place, including:
- Places of worship at 1/3 normal attendance with mandatory masking
- Restricted access to some businesses starting November 27, 2020
Recreation based restrictions will come into effect November 27, 2020.
More information on the new measures, including the specific restrictions on businesses, can be found here.
We encourage all with questions, and full information to please refer to the Provincial Government website for specific details. https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- This effectively cancels any remaining Christmas program.
- The Carena kitchen will be closed and all on ice activity will cease.
- The Apple Fitness Centre can stay open as it is now.
- These restrictions are in effect until December 13, 2020.
Phase 2 Relaunch - June 12, 2020
Supplied by the Government of Alberta
WORKPLACE GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESS OWNERS