Don McLeod, Chief Administration Officer (CAO)
Don and his wife Cathie relocated to Viking from Maple Creek, SK where they lived and Don was CAO for two years. Previous to his work with the town of Maple Creek, Don worked in the oil and gas industry as a land man for over 10 years. He also has 22 years of experience working in Civic Administration in Saskatchewan as a Rural Administrator.
Don is excited to move to Viking and work for the community. Bringing stability to the Town, office and staff members and to work closely with Council on getting work completed is top priority. Getting the issues around Highway 619 resolved, and finishing the Town land annexation project. There will be more projects undertaken each year and is looking forward to working with Council and the community.
- Management of minutes, by-law, contracts, agreements
- Legislative and Legal services
- Municipal Policy Hand Book
- External Boards and Committees
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Consumer relations
- Financial planning
- Operating and capital budget
- Insurance and risk management
- Property and taxation
- Development permits
- Land use planning
- Economic Development